Monday, August 2, 2010

What Will Our Little Baby Look Like?





I have been thinking about different aspects of the impending birth of our new little one and some questions come to my mind such as:  Will it be a boy or a girl?  How big will the baby be?  Will the names we've been considering fit our new little one? (Don't ask me about this one, you will know soon enough!)  Today I am wondering:  What will our baby look like?  While pondering this, I am reminded of a story that I forgot to share with you all:
I created the above layout as my desktop background a few weeks ago.  With our first baby (Aiden) we shelled out the money for a 3D ultrasound and it was so neat to see his little face before he was born.  His ultrasound picture is really a spitting image of my little guy!  With our second baby (Caitlin) we were not in the position to afford a 3D ultrasound, which was fine with us, because we had done it once before.  As I got farther along in my pregnancy with Caitlin, someone in our family asked if we were going to have a 3D ultrasound like with our first, because they had thought it was so neat.  We explained that we weren't and they said they'd really like to pay for it if we were interested in getting it done.  We were right at the cut off for the time frame that you could capture good images (they don't recommend 3D ultrasound past about 33 weeks because the baby's face becomes rather squished looking.)  We quickly scheduled the ultrasound and were so pleased that we were able to have a sweet picture of our little girl's face.  I used it as a focal point and motivator during my labor with her.
This time around, we decided that a 3D ultrasound was an uneccessary expense.  I thought that I wouldn't get to see his/her face until it came out crying.  I felt a little sad that I wouldn't have that 3D image for my focal point during labor, but I felt content that it must be the Lord's will.  When I was about 35 weeks, I went to my prenatal appointment and saw a different doctor than my usual midwife.  He thought that I was measuring unusually large for date, and ordered an ultrasound to be done.  I saw my midwife a week later, an hour before my scheduled ultrasound.  She measured me and everything and was about to leave the exam room without mentioning anything about my size.  I told her what the other doctor had said and asked her if she thought I was measuring large, and she replied that everything seemed fine and on track.  She said I could go ahead and have the ultrasound if I liked, but that she wasn't concerned about the baby.  I had the ultrasound done (I got the results a week later confirming that the baby was measuring right on target) and before I left, the ultrasound technician said, "Oh, just a minute, I'll go print you some pictures of your baby."  When she came back, she brought the clearest 2D images of a baby's face that I had ever seen in any of the ultrasounds that I have had done.  I felt that this was a special blessing from the Lord to me, so that I could have a picture of our Little Baby's face like I had wanted.  The neat thing is that I hadn't complained or even prayed that the Lord would supply us with an image of the baby's face.  I just accepted that it wasn't meant to be.  Well, it just goes to prove what the Scriptures say:  God loves His children and loves to give them good gifts!



My Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment