Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fun On Grammie & Grampie's "Farm"

We took the kids up to my in-laws house yesterday which we tease is becoming a farm.  They live in the foothills about 20 min from the edge of our city on 5 acres and they have slowly become what would be classified as "hobby farmers".  They have a chicken house with a fenced in yard, goats with their own house and fenced in yard, a dog (of course- what farm is complete without one?), and most recently, a couple of pigs.  It is great fun to go up and see the animals, and even more fun to watch my children around these quirky creatures.  Here are some pictures of our afternoon.


Here is Aiden sitting on a barrel just outside of the pig pen.  I think that was about as close as he wanted to get to those big smelly guys.


Caitlin had just gotten up from falling down.  She has recently become very aware that when she falls down outside, she gets dirt on her hands, and is quick to show us her hands each time.  Such a little girl already : )


I love this picture.  The children are following Grampie, single file, to the goat and chicken yards.


"Hello goaties!  Can I come in?"  Caitlin loves to "talk" in her baby garble to all animals.  She talks loudly and with an inflection in her voice that makes me think she really believes they can understand her.  I think she will be an animal lover like her mother : )


"Hey!  There are chickens in there!"  Caitlin (both of the kids, really) thought it was neat how the chickens go inside their little house and settle up high on their perch when the sun starts to set.


After it was dark and our outside fun was through, the kids rummaged through their box of toys in the living room.  Aiden decided to sport one of his uncles' old hockey helmets.  Aiden is familiar with hockey stuff since its the only sport that Tim is interested in, so he was very proud to wear a helmet and be a "hockey guy" as he says.


I will close with this news: 


There is no new news.  I am still pregnant with no apparent signs of going into labor anytime in the next century.  Okay, a possible overstatement : )  But, seriously, this kid likes it in there and doesn't seem interested in coming out!  I will keep you posted and also try to get another pregnant picture up soon, now that I am over 40 weeks.  Pray that I don't make it to 41!


My Blog Signature

1 comment:

  1. These pictures remind me when I was little and visiting my grandparents' ranch. How cool is it that they get these exposures at a young age. They will have fond memories of these days. I know Holly still brings up the goats at Uncle Tim’s and the eggs with Aunt Jodi.

    ReplyDelete