Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cinnamon Flop

I have recently discovered a delicious and simple recipe called "Cinnamon Flop". I am not sure about the origins of it's name, because there is no "flopping" involved in it's making; and it turns out wonderfully, not at all like a "flop," but perhaps there is some mysterious explanation floating around on the internet. I challenge YOU, readers, to seek this information out and post it in the comments below. Inquiring minds need to know!

Funny name aside, it is basically a recipe for two identical coffee cakes, baked in two cake/pie pans.  It is very simple to make and you mix everything in one bowl! It is an old Amish recipe and something I will be baking regularly for years to come, I'm sure, as my go-to coffee cake/quick dessert/quick breakfast. I changed some things from the original recipe I had found (like subbing in almond extract for vanilla because I was out, and using less sugar because one whole cup seemed a bit much.) 

I sincerely hope you can read my rusty cursive (I was feeling old-fashioned) and I encourage you to comment with any questions if you are unsure of the recipe.  I managed to snap a few photos with my phone this morning while baking, and I hope they inspire you to try this tasty recipe for yourself.

The pictures below are of the first time I made it this morning.  I had to bake it again for dessert, because my husband missed the mid-morning baking of the first batch (which the kids devoured), and said he couldn't listen to my tales of it until he'd had some for himself.

A close up of all that delicious butt-ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment