Monday, January 12, 2015

A Sunday to Remember

Yesterday was a day that I will treasure for a long time to come.  We overslept church but still had a pleasant family time at home. Tim had a wonderful idea to clean out the car, so we all did, and felt great afterward, because it was long overdue.  He also thought it time to promote little Brianna to a forward facing car seat, since she turned a year old on December 31st. It was an exciting yet emotional thing for this mama to do, and I'm glad my husband made the decision.

After the car was clean, we all loaded in and headed to our local five dollar drive through car wash. We picked up two coffees from Starbucks on the way, with our Christmas gift card. It was fun to drink our coffees and chat while the track pulled our car through the wash.  It was even more fun to watch the children's delight as the suds and brushes moved across the car windows.


Next, we headed to the grocery store and did our weekly shop as well as picked up a few extra treats for an afternoon picnic! Once at home, Tim and I rushed to put the groceries away, grabbed our double stroller, and we all took off again.  We parked near our city's walking/biking trail, loaded the babies and our picnic into the stroller, and enjoyed a really beautiful walk. 

The trail took us behind some pretty two story houses, a ponding basin where geese kept taking flight in groups up and over our heads (wow!), and finally to a park where we sat and ate an early dinner of salad, sandwiches, chips, and cookies. It was really beautiful and I feel like it swept all the cobwebs from my mind. The children played on the playground until the sun got quite low, then we set off on the trail again, back to our car. It was a two mile walk, round trip, and we all felt refreshed and ready for a rest at home.  Tim's parents met us at our car to drop off Aiden and we all headed home after a wonderful, wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Nice update. I'm so happy to see you writing again. I know it's hard to find the time but I love that you are doing something for yourself. You go girl!

    BTW, don't forget to add Brianna to the right side of your page. I like that I can know exactly how old the kids are on any given day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom. I'll try to keep at it; although Blogger is giving me some trouble. I actually wrote a long post on Saturday, that has apparently vanished. So disappointing. Also, my photographs are being cropped, although the original photo can be viewed if you click on it. As far as Brianna's birthday ticker on the side, I need to refamiliarize myself with the design tools so that I can add HTML underneath the other tickers. So complicated! Oh well, I'll keep at it. Thanks so much for reading and even more so for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Maybe you need to talk to Daniel about setting you up on Wordpress. He's really good at that AND he can teach you how to use it. ;)

      Delete
    3. I tried setting up a blog using WordPress once before and I found it more confusing than Blogger, so I decided to stick with what I know. I have no doubt that Daniel could easily navigate the entire process, but I don't want to be a nuisance to him. Goodness knows we all bother him enough with our computer questions. He really should go into business. Tim has been helping me with it some, and Google is helpful for the rest!

      Delete