Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trusting Him

"As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." -Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV)

Okay, so this was BibleGateway.com's verse for today, and when I read it this morning, I felt like it was exactly what God has been hammering into my brain. Not just that God has plans that I don't understand, so I shouldn't worry about the future, etc. It's also speaking to some of my frustrations in life right now: feeling very large and pregnant with still 2 1/2 months left (not that I'm feeling over eager to go through labor any time soon-yikes!), dreaming of a washer and dryer in my home and no more hauling dirty/wet/peed! laundry to a laundry room where the washers may/may not be functioning correctly (we live in an apartment with no hookups), etc. The large and pregnant thing is probably just a good trial to remind me that God is ultimately in control, no matter how much I try to be. The washer and dryer thing: lessons in patience, trusting in the Lord's timing, gratefulness for all of the blessings that I have, and...a good workout on my arms? : )

So, if anyone is feeling like: "What is going on in my life right now?" or "Why is __ happening to me?" Just remember: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NASB) God is in control of all things; even the things that we think only matter to us-even the things that we think are petty or too insignificant to even mention to anyone. God loves us and cares about all of the minute details of our lives. I guess if God cares enough to notice and hear all of my woes, I can make a little more effort to trust Him with them? After all, He's the only One with the power to change anything, right?

My Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment