Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Too Good to be Called Grain Free (But They Are!)


First, I just have to say that out of desperation, I am using my tablet's camera right now.  Ask me how I feel about that (maybe don't.)  Any-who, my phone is on the fritz due to some unfortunate "phone-flashing-by-the-mobile-phone-obsessed-hubs-gone-horribly-wrong" (don't ask about that either while we're at it.)  So.....bad quality pictures.  REALLY bad quality pictures.  But better than none.  And, to add insult to injury, my Blogger app is randomly cutting some of my pictures in half.  Like the ones with cute babies in them.  Whatever, Blogger.  Whatever.  Okay, my disclaimer is over, now on to the good stuff!

Today, the kids and I made some orange play dough, and for fun I added some ground cinnamon and ground cloves.  It smelled super good and we nicknamed it "Pumpkin Pie Playdough."  That lovely aroma reminded me of some molasses cookies I made once.  Except, I am trying to limit my carbs now, so the dilemma.  Insert a little Googling and I happened upon this dream of a recipe:


I only tweaked the recipe a tad, because I don't keep unsalted butter on hand, and I was low on ghee, and I also didn't have any Celtic sea salt.  So, I just used salted butter and omitted the added salt in the recipe.  Now you know, for full disclosure and all that.

Now, I know that everyone says their particular fake-it-make-it-healthier recipe is so good, but this is not even my own recipe and I am honestly saying THEY ARE SO GOOD!  I sort of ate three of them in pretty quick succession before I got ahold of myself.  (Whoa, lower carb, not no carb!)  Better watch yourself with these little goodies.  They are tasty.  Make 'em, eat 'em, share 'em.  Don't tell a soul that they are paleo/grain free/gluten free until after they beg you for the recipe.

Happy sweet snacking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment